I like pasta salads, a lot. Grant....not so much.....he prefers his pasta hot. I made this one for a picnic with the hopes that he would enjoy its flavors, despite his not liking mayo. Well, he did eat it and didn't complain, but it wouldn't be his first choice for a dinner. I, however, thought it was delicious and definitely plan on making it again. I got the recipe from here.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (lowfat or fat-free are fine)
- 1 cup Ranch dressing (MSG free)
- 2 cups veggies of choice (I used sliced grape tomatoes and chopped green peppers; you could also use olives, green onions, cucumbers, peas, whatever suits your fancy)
- 1/2 lb. shredded or diced fully cooked chicken
- 1/2 lb. diced and cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice, cooked and rinsed with cold water
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add the chilled pasta and toss to coat. Stir in the shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
That's it! It does make a lot, so be sure you have a crowd to feed or really enjoy leftovers for days!
This post is linked to Picnic Recipes: a 4 Moms Link Up and Finding Joy in My Kitchen