Sunday, July 5, 2009

Berry Syrup/Topping

Wow, was this stuff good! It made for a perfect patriotic breakfast, but was such a hit that I'm sure we'll use this recipe a lot. I got the inspiration for it here and went on to change it a bit based on what I had on hand. I think it would be delicious with just about any berry you like. Grant's not a fan of blueberries, so he requested that I make it with blackberries and strawberries next time. I thought the blueberries were fabulous. Either way, this is super easy and would be great on top of ice-cream, plain cheesecake, pancakes, or whatever you fancy.

Recipe:

1/2 cup sugar
2 T. cornstarch
3/4 cup orange juice
2 cups berries , fresh or frozen (I used 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup frozen blueberries)

In a medium saucepan, stir together all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and then boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve on whatever your heart desires!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...