Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blueberry Citrus Tartlets



I just created this recipe for the Bloggers Blueberry Recipe Contest sponsered by the US Highbush Blueberry Council. It's easy, elegant, quick, and so delicious! I hope I win!

Recipe
2 packages phyllo tartlet shells (15 each)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
4 oz. whipped topping, thawed
juice of half a lemon

Topping:
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh, I used frozen)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 t. cornstarch
lemon zest, optional

Begin with topping. In a saucepan, combine the orange juice, cornstarch, and sugar. Whisk together, then add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1-2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.

Preheat oven to 350. Remove phyllo tartlet shells from packaging and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool completely.

In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add lemon juice and beat well. Stir in whipped topping until completely combined. Spoon into cooled tartlet shells. Top with blueberries and garnish with lemon zest, if desired.

Serve immediately - or within a few hours.




Linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen

4 comments:

  1. yummy! those look tasty. I hope you win!!!

    by the way, thanks for the nice award :) you're sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look and sound delicious. I hope you win! What is the prize if you do win?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grand prize is $1000 - 2nd place is $600 and third is $400. Wouldn't make us rich, but would sure be nice....not to mention fun to win a contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope you win something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...