Saturday, December 31, 2011

Countdown to 2012: Best Dessert Recipes of 2011

Just like last year, I couldn't possibly choose only one dessert to highlight, but at least I managed to keep it to ten instead of fourteen.  Of course, that's probably because I just didn't get to bake as much this year.  

This cake just makes me happy.  It's feminine, beautiful, elegant, yet so simple to decorate.  And it tasted fabulous. Three layers of moist chocolate cake, with raspberry filling and chocolate mousse filling, frosted with raspberry butter cream.  It was amazing.  

The best. sugar. cookies. ever. 

Rich and decadent, chocolatey and peanutty, I found these bars impossible to resist.

We could not believe how awesome these were.  They inspired the Cake of Roses mentioned above.

When my chocolate-loving husband said he actually preferred this ice cream, I knew we had a winner.

Very easy to throw together and sure to gather compliments wherever you take them, these are a huge crowd pleaser with tons of chocolate and oreos.

I love caramel.  I love apples.  I love cheesecake.  And don't even get me started on streusel. 
All together?  Awesomeness. 

So so smooth and creamy.  The perfect chocolate ice cream.

Yeah, we like the never-old raspberries and chocolate combination.  These bar treats are just wonderful.

Fruit pizzas are so simple, but so delicious.  My kids have been begging me to make this for months, despite my explanation that we can't get good fresh strawberries at this time of year.  It is seriously one of the top-requested recipes around here.

Be sure to check out Finding Joy in my Kitchen for more collections of Dessert Favorites!

2 comments:

  1. What a great selection. I pinned a couple to try out.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Wende
    The Rickett Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you have AMAZING desserts (as I expected). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...