Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce


Well, this was my first attempt at making cranberry sauce.  I actually never even ate cranberry sauce until a couple of years ago...but now I love it...and making it is really easy.  Not to mention I didn't use any high fructose corn syrup in mine, which is better than all the canned varieties can claim. :)

I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe.....because I think she's wonderful and it sounded good. 

Recipe

16 oz. fresh cranberries (rinse and toss out bad ones)
16 fl. oz pomegranate juice
3/4 c. sugar - more or less to taste. 

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.  Boil, stirring often, for 20 minutes.  Mixture will thicken as it cooks and will thicken even more when it cools.  I tasted mine when it was lukewarm and it was way too tart....maybe it was just a tart bunch of cranberries. I added more sugar and cooked several more minutes until it was even thicker and more to my liking. 

Cool in a jar or bowl in fridge.  Serve with turkey.  Absolutely delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Guess what? Cranberries grow in Latvia!
    They even have a special festival at the horticultural school when they are harvested. They make anything and everything with them.

    Plus, the pomegranate juice is easy to find. I think it's produced by a country that the US has restrictions against so it's surprisingly really cheap. I love it!

    Can't wait to try this one out. I won't even wait to cook a turkey with it... (Those are hard to find - go figure!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I hope it turns out well for you! I'm sure it would go great with chicken also....or even on toast or pancakes or the like. My girls will just eat it by the bowlful on its own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...