Thursday, November 4, 2010

Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies)


I remember eating this for the first time when I was in 8th or 9th grade.  A friend had brought it to a class party and called it Puppy Chow.  I thought it was one of the best things I had ever eaten.  I don't make it very often because I'm apt to eat the whole batch without blinking an eye.  It is just so good.
I made it for Marissa's birthday party (101 Dalmatian party) for the girls to munch on....but they weren't very big eaters and lucky for me, we had a lot left over!

Recipe: (from Chex box)

9 c. Chex cereal (rice or corn, I used rice)
1/4 c. butter 
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar

In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter.  Stir until smooth and add vanilla.

Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl.  Drizzle chocolate mixture over slowly, stirring well until all the cereal is coated.

Pour half of cereal into a gallon-sized ziplock bag.  Add half of the powdered sugar and shake well until all cereal is coated.  Pour onto a wax-lined sheet to dry and repeat with remaining cereal and powdered sugar.

Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for longest storage.

2 comments:

  1. i picked up some chex to make this...and i too have the SAME problem with eating it all, so ive been holding out! its SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love puppy chow, too! http://pursuingjoy.blogspot.com/2009/12/brandons-answer-for-everything.html

    I bought some chex this week 'cause they were on sale AND I had a coupon. I also happened to buy powdered sugar, since Christmas is around the corner. The kids were just SURE we were having "something that started with 'uppy' and ended with 'ow'"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...