Friday, November 19, 2010

Cinnamon Toast


This is the best cinnamon toast I've ever had.  No joke.

I'm not particularly picky about my cinnamon toast like some people - it doesn't bother me in the least to toast a piece of bread, slather on some butter, sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar, and eat away. 
 
However.

I cannot deny that this is far superior. I think it's the addition of vanilla - takes it over the top.

I did reduce the amount of butter called for in the original recipe - some restraint is a good thing!  It's still far from a health food but at least I feel a little better about it.      

Recipe (adapted from Ree - the Pioneer Woman)

12-13 pieces of whole wheat bread
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar (or more if you want)
1-1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°. 

Combine softened butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and mash together with a fork until well mixed. Spread about 1-2 t. evenly on each piece of bread.  
Place bread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown.  Watch carefully so it doesn't burn!  It happens fast! 
Remove from oven and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...