So this is really just a cheese pizza, but that's okay. We can still call it Italian Cheese Bread, right?
My whole family loves this stuff. It's dee-licious. Not to mention easy. I'm thinking it could make some great breadsticks, if you made it in a cookie sheet or something.
Recipe: (from Tammy's Recipes)
2-1/2 to 3 cups flour, (whole wheat, all-purpose, or bread flour)
1 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1 T. active dry yeast
1 c. warm water (110-115°)
1 T. olive oil
1/4 c. prepared Ranch or Italian dressing (I've only used Ranch)
1/8 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. ground oregano
1/4 t. dried thyme
1-2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Combine water and oil; add to flour mixture. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and elastic (or use Kitchen Aid Mixer)
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. (Optional: if in a hurry, just skip this rise)
- Punch dough down; place on a greased 12-16" pizza pan and pat into a circle. Brush with salad dressing (use the back of a spoon)
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- For a fluffier cheese bread, at this point allow the bread to rest for 15 minutes or so. If you're in a hurry, just skip this rise. Bread will still rise in oven.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown (12 minutes for me).
- Slice into 8-12 slices. Serve warm.
This post is linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen - Countdown to 2011: Breads.
Check it out to see other delicious breads!