Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  I hope your day was filled with blessings and joy wherever you are. 

We have had a lovely day......with way too much food and great company.  Grant's mom and I did much of the prep work yesterday, so today was busy but laid back at the same time.

For breakfast we had smoothies made from frozen bananas, strawberries, peaches, and mangos with vanilla yogurt and milk accompanied by Pumpkin Bread I baked last night.  Wow, I hadn't made that in awhile and it was great to see it was as good as we remembered.  I have GOT to make that more often. 

We had our big meal around 1:45......consisting of the following:

Taste of Fall Salad
Champagne-Basted Turkey
Sausage and Apple Stuffing (recipe coming soon)
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
Mashed potatoes
Cheesy Green bean casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Cornbread (made by a guest - hopefully I'll get the recipe soon because it was awesome!)
Apple Pie (made by the same guest - delicious!)
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream  and Sugar Coated Pecans

So can you tell I'll be busy with new posts in the next few weeks?  I was busy taking photos all day! 

We are blessed beyond measure and grateful for all that God has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...