Friday, September 21, 2012

Mallow Brownie Bars


Can you ever have too many brownie variations?

Some of our favorites are Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies,  Triple Layer Fudgy Mint Cookie Brownies, and Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies, to name a few.

I'm adding these to the list.

After I made these for a pot-luck sort of thing, we were so enamored with them that I ended up keeping about a third of them home.  We just couldn't bear to share the whole batch.

The top layer was my favorite - creamy chocolate and peanut butter with the crunch of crispy rice cereal.  Add in the gooey marshmallow layer and the fudgy brownie on the bottom....well, let's just say they're really rich and you don't need a lot of them, but chances are you'll want to just keep taking one more little square.

'Cause they are such little squares, after all.  

Mallow Brownie Bars (from The Mandatory Mooch)

1 brownie mix (for 13 x 9" pan, plus eggs, oil, and water called for on box)
1 (10.5 oz) package miniature marshmallows
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 T. butter
1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased 13 x 9" pan.  Bake at 350° for a couple minutes less than the recommended minimum time on the package (for my package, this was 22 minutes).
Top with marshmallows - bake 3 minutes longer.  Marshmallows will not be completely melted.
In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.  Melt over medium-low heat until smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in crispy rice cereal.
Spread over marshmallow layer.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting into small bars.


Linked to Trick or Treat TuesdayCrazy Sweet Tuesday and  Crumbs and Chaos - Seasonal Inspiration

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE marshmallow brownies, but I don't think I have ever had some with rice krispies and peanut butter - sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its been YEARS since I've made these! They ARE really good too..you should try them using marshmellow cream instead of the mini marshmellows..YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that would be delicious. Can't go wrong with marshmallow cream!

      Delete
  3. The answer is NO, one can never have too many brownie recipes. This looks like a great addition to the 19 brownie recipes on my blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 19 brownie recipes - that's impressive! Which one is your favorite?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Found you at th link party. I'm on a quest to hoard lots of brownie recipes. Brownies are my sweetie's favorite dessert!

    http://www.shilohstaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that super thick layer of marshmallows!!!! Oh my gosh, these are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many! Brownies rock, in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love brownies of all shapes and sizes!!! I love all the fun layers going on in yours though. I just want to sink my teeth into that marshmallow layer for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...