Saturday, October 31, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies


This is one of the recipes I submitted to Pillsbury for their BakeOff contest. Unfortunately, neither this nor any of my other recipes were selected, but there's always next time. I think this recipe is a winner, myself. Of course, I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate.....I pity the people who have nut allergies because I can't imagine not having this timeless combination.
You can use any brownie mix you prefer, or even make them from scratch if you want.....I just used the mix to qualify the recipe for the contest. I don't really prefer Pillsbury brownies, if the truth be told. This time I used a Duncan Hines mix and it was really good.

Recipe:

1 box family size (13 x 9") brownie mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Combine brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs as directed on box. Spread into a greased 13 x 9" pan and bake for 28 minutes, or until nearly done. Don't overbake!!! These are much better a little on the soft side.
Cool on a wire rack.
In a saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Heat and stir until it bubbles and remove from heat. Add white chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add vanilla.
Gently spread on top of the brownies and level as much as possible. Chill until set.
Cut into small squares to serve. Store in refrigerator for optimal freshness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...