Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Loaded Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

                               

Ridiculous.  That's what these are.....just ridiculous!

Chocolate peanut butter cookies filled with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and mini Reese's pieces, and half of a Mini Reese's Cup smack dab in the middle.  Seriously!  I mean, what's not to like?

My only complaint was that the cookie itself wasn't as chewy as I would prefer....more of a crumbly texture....but that could be entirely my fault.  I may or may not have neglected to verify the amount of peanut butter called for in the recipe before adding it in....and I may or may not have neglected to measure it anyways.  All to say, I think I added too much peanut butter.  Ooops.  Well, they still turned out delicious and
I'm sure they'll be a hit at the party I'm taking them to this weekend.  (They're hanging out in the freezer in the meantime.)

Recipe: (from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)  

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2-1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter chips
1 c. Reese's Pieces
20-25 mini Reese's peanut butter cups, cut into halves and frozen


Preheat oven to 350°F. 
In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s Pieces (this is best done by hand so the shells of the Reese’s Pieces don’t get broken).
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat liner. (I used parchment mostly, but found it wasn't really necessary.)  Push one peanut butter cup half into the center of each ball of dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.  Let cool for 1 or 2 minutes on sheet before removing, or they will fall apart.

2 comments:

  1. I've made these twice now and they are over the top delicious! I brought them to work for a co-worker's birthday and the two dozen cookies were gone before 10 a.m.! I have had a hard time getting the peanut butter cups to maintain their shape, even with putting them in the freezer all day and chilling the dough. I'm not sure how to remedy that. They aren't the prettiest when the peanut butter cups melt, but they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed them! They were a huge hit at my party as well! I'm not sure why the peanut butter cups melt for you.....mine didn't really do that too much. Maybe it's the brand? I used the Reese's brand...but I have used generic brands before for other recipes and they didn't hold up as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...