Saturday, October 30, 2010

Colorful Chicken Linguini


I made this for dinner recently and the whole family liked it, even with all those veggies.  Well, okay, the girls complained about the peppers, but other than that, it went over very well.  I ended up using some green and red peppers from our garden, which although they were small, they were lovely, but the yellow one from the store added a nice touch too. Use whatever you like. This dish is pretty similar to my Cajun Chicken Pasta, except without the spiciness. I really thought it was wonderful.  I'll definitely be making this again.  

Recipe (from Taste of Home)

1 box (13.25 oz) whole wheat linguine (or fettuccine if desired)
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 T. oil (I used olive)
1 cup julienned carrots
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 medium green pepper, julienned
1 medium yellow pepper, julienned
2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets
1-1/2 T. cornstarch
16 oz. (2 cups) chicken broth
1 T. lemon juice
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. dried thyme
3 T. sour cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese (I had fresh on hand, but I think out of a can would be okay)

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.  (I added a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper to season).  Remove and keep warm. 
In the same pan, saute carrots for 1-2 minutes.  Add peppers and broccoli; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, and thyme until blended.  Stir into vegetables.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Stir in sour cream. 
Drain pasta; place in a large bowl.  Add the chicken, vegetable mixture, and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.  


3 comments:

  1. ohhh! just when I was beginning to think all you baked was desserts and birthday cakes you post this delicious looking recipe!! Thanks!

    {ps -- I do love all your dessert recipes}~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SnoWhite,
    Lol! I do bake a lot....you've got me there! although, I post desserts much more because the photos turn out better than casseroles and such. :) Hope you like the linguini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're making this tonight for dinner... smells delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...