Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grant!

Grant turned 33 today.....a day long awaited so that he could tease me about being "three years older than me", though only for three months.

Birthdays aren't a big deal to Grant.....he doesn't care much about celebrations or parties for himself and is fine with just blowing the whole thing off. I, however, love birthdays and always insist on doing something to celebrate his, whether he wants it or not! I'm sorry to admit that I really drop the ball most of the time, though.

Because his birthday is so soon after Christmas, it's difficult to plan stuff on the years we travel to see my family....since we usually get home a day or two before his birthday and are just trying to settle back into life.

One year I was in the throes of morning sickness and couldn't get up from the couch, let alone bake him a cake. Today, I'm recovering from a stomach bug that hit me last night. THAT certainly wasn't in the plans. We have to miss church and our last small group meeting tonight.

But I can still type, and type I will.

Grant, I wish you a Happy Birthday and many more to come. You are a tremendous blessing to me and our children and I am so thankful for you, every single day. There is no-one I'd rather spend my life with than you. I'm sorry today isn't the ideal birthday, but I'll do my best to make it up to you. I love you with all of my heart!


Here's a photo from Christmas that I love of Grant with Marissa.


Happy Birthday, My Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...