Friday, January 16, 2009

Got a Canker Sore?

I despise canker sores. I have a tendency to get those painful little mouth ulcers fairly often, and they almost always last at least a week. But not this time!!!

On Tuesday night, I began to feel like one was developing under my tongue. I decided to google "Natural Remedies for Canker Sores" and found a plethora of results.....many of which sounded downright weird (or used products that average American households do not have readily accessible). But one stood out as a no-brainer.

Hydrogen peroxide. Gee, I have a humongous bottle of that under our bathroom sink just waiting for some useful purpose.

I mixed a little solution of 1/2 peroxide, 1/2 water and held it in my mouth for several minutes. Spit it out and went to bed.

The next morning, I had barely any pain at all. I repeated the solution in the morning and once in the evening for good measure.....and have been completely pain and symptom free since.

That has never.....I repeat....NEVER......happened with a regular canker sore, so I am confident the peroxide was the trick.

Lesson learned. Very useful lesson learned. Now if only that peroxide would work its magic on the mountain of a zit plaguing my face........

2 comments:

  1. I used hydrogen peroxide on the huge ulcer I had under my tongue while you were here at Christmas. I think it helped some. But, because of where it was located, I kept hitting it on my teeth whenever I ate or talked. That kept it inflamed. I didn't mix the peroxide with water at all. I just poured a little in the cap of the bottle and used it as a gargle/rinse. Then, I followed that with a water rinse. I thought I told you that was what I was doing to treat the ulcer.

    Try tea tree oil on the pimples. This wonderful stuff draws things out of your body --- such as pimples or the poison from spider bites. I got mine at Wal-Mart. It's another great thing to have on hand.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I bought some tea tree oil on Saturday and it's been more helpful than anything else! Great input!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...