Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's a Trifle Bar....You Gotta Have One!

The baby celebration party I hosted last week was so much fun! A couple of friends helped me with the food and decorations and we had 15 ladies at the party! We did a trifle bar.....with beautiful dessert dishes for everyone to fill up with their culinary creations. It was a huge hit!


This is Mocha Punch, which my friend Heather made. In all its delicious frothiness, it almost overflowed the bowl!

My dining nook....beautifully decorated with nothing of my own! I don't even own a nice white tablecloth...gotta get me one of those.

The dining room....with the bounty of food. We had brownies, pound cake, angel food cake, chocolate cake, vanilla pudding, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, cool whip, mandarin oranges, strawberries, cherry pie filling, homemade chocolate syrup (recipe coming soon!), caramel sauce, chopped up oreos, walnuts, and chopped Heath bars.

The ladies barely made a dent in all this food. You wouldn't believe how much was left over.

We even threatened that they would have to leave if they didn't eat seconds. Didn't work.

Shannon and Heather, my sweet friends who helped throw the party.

Christen, the guest of honor, who just had her baby (her 3rd daughter!).....wait for it.....only four weeks ago. Oh Christen, we all wish we could get our figures back so quickly. But we love you anyways!

Beautiful new mama. One of the sweetest people Ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...