Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lasagna Casserole

This tasty dinner came from Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers and was a favorite with my family. I did alter the recipe a bit, so this is my version.

Recipe:

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 onion, chopped OR 4 T. minced onion
1 large can + 1 small can tomato sauce (total of about 36-37 oz)
heaping 1/3 cup spicy spaghetti seasoning
½ t. salt
16 oz. cottage cheese
13.25 oz. pkg. pasta whole wheat pasta (any shape)
8-12 oz. mozzarella cheese (or cheddar, or a mixture of both)

Brown ground meat and onion. Drain grease. Add tomato sauce, spaghetti seasoning, and salt. Allow meat and sauce to simmer about 20 minutes. Boil pasta according to package. Drain and stir pasta into sauce. Add cottage cheese and half of mozzarella, stirring until everything is evenly mixed. Pour into a casserole dish (9×13). Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.



3 comments:

  1. Sure, no dessert recipe today, but now you post pasta. I love this stuff.

    I had bookmarked this recipe from Laura too -- now I have your version to work from too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only changed Laura's recipe because I wanted to be sure of leftovers! I used the whole box of pasta and added extra sauce, then ended up using the whole 16 oz container of cottage cheese because I knew if there was any leftover, it would not get eaten. It turned out really delicious, and quite a lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the leftovers are tasty! I love making big pasta dishes that last for a while :) I do that when I need a break from cooking. I do the same thing with the cottage cheese.... no leftovers!

    Thanks for your note about my hubby. He just completed his doctorate in Measurement and Quantitative Methods (read: statistics/psychometrics for large-scale assessments).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...