Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Herbed Corn

I really like corn...we ate it a lot growing up. Of course, the best corn was homegrown, straight out of Grandad's garden.....not that I'm biased at all. But I can't get that anymore and unfortunately haven't had any homegrown corn in many years. But this recipe is so tasty, it almost makes up for it. This makes a huge batch, which is great for a potluck or a large family meal. Even people who don't like corn in general have liked this recipe. I got it from Taste of Home, by the way. The original said to just use 1 cup of water; I find that to be utterly useless, so I use probably 3 cups.




Recipe:
12 cups frozen corn
3 cups water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cubed
2 T. minced fresh parsley OR 1 t. dried parsley
2 scant t. salt
1 t. dill weed
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 t. dried thyme (good, but I've made it without and it's just as nice)

In a large saucepan, combine corn and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until corn is tender. Drain; stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 10-12 servings (and those are big servings!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...