Friday, January 20, 2012

Cooking? Cleaning? Neither or both?

In December, a friend from church asked me if I would bake a birthday cake for her daughter's 4th birthday.  As we were discussing the details, she said that she just didn't ever bake at all. 
I offered to teach her some of the basics, saying that it really wasn't that difficult.

She responded, "Yes, but you have to want to do it.  I don't have any desire to bake.  I'd much rather clean."
I replied, "Oh, I'd rather bake than clean any day - I love baking and really don't like cleaning much at all."

She said, "I think people either like one or the other. Not usually both."

So that set me thinking. 

I've created a poll on my sidebar at the very top......
I'd love to hear how you all feel about cooking/baking and cleaning. 
Do you prefer one over the other?
Both?
Neither?

Update:  In the poll, I should have added "baking" in with the cooking - I know that baking and cooking are different (I greatly prefer baking) - but what I really meant to be asking was whether you prefer preparing food in any way to cleaning or vice versa.  Does that make sense?  Hope so!

And just so you know........
here's what the cake looked like - I only had a couple of minutes to snap a photo and it's not the best, but at least I got one. 


 
I also made some of these cupcakes.....for the preschool class. I'm told they were a big hit.

3 comments:

  1. cooking and baking are different to me. I am a pretty good cook - but not a great baker (improv baking just doesn't turn out so well). I therefore do not love baking, but i LOVE cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, I agree completely....cooking and baking are different to me too....I guess in my poll I just meant preparing food in some way vs. cleaning. I greatly prefer the food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very torn by how to answer this poll. I love when my house is clean, it is a great sense of satisfaction when it has gone from being a total disaster to beautiful and I am proud of it. I realize this sounds silly. I enjoy cooking also, buy I only truly enjoy it if the house is clean and I can focus on the task at hand instead of wondering what I should be doing instead. Does this mean I prefer cleaning to cooking or that I need to hire a maid before I hire a chef? I think having the space to create masterpieces in the kitchen is a great help. I always get so frustrated when I run out of room and counter space. Very interesting question Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...