Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where Should the Kitty Sleep?

Marissa(3) has a new favorite pastime....pretending she's a cat.

We don't own a cat and never will, due to extreme allergies on my part, and in general, the kids seem to prefer dogs anyways, but Marissa is definitely drawn to cats, both stuffed and real.

She and Corban(5) love to play their own version of "House", (which I can't exactly figure out, by the way, but they both know precisely what to do) in which often times Marissa is being a cat, while Corban is either a dog chasing her or her owner. Sometimes both. Like I said, it's a little hard to figure out.

All that to say, Marissa is frequently crawling around the house meowing, rubbing up against me, pawing at me, and so on. It's really quite pesky, for lack of a better word.

So today, when she was supposed to be getting down for a nap, I went in to her room to close her blinds and saw this.




Apparently she's decided that the storage section of her toddler train bed (hand-me-down from Corban) makes a lovely "Kitty Bed" and is very "comfortable", especially with her blanket and a little pillow. She just curled up in there and meowed. That's the reason her face looks so funny in the above picture....she's meowing.


She wanted to remain in there for the duration of her naptime......but mean old mommy insisted that she get on the mattress instead. Can't have her getting a crick in her neck, you know.


But I have to admit, she's pretty darn cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...