Friday, November 2, 2012

A Little Pet Peeve......

Now, I know I'm not the skinniest gal on the street......

but I'm not exactly huge.  

Miranda and me - September 29, 2012

I'm 5'8-1/2" tall, and I usually wear size 6 or 8, depending on the brand. 
Losing baby weight isn't easy, especially when you know I love to bake like crazy.....and I love to eat what I bake.  That being said, I am still breastfeeding, I practice moderation and
I exercise 4-5 times per week, either running 2-3 miles or doing P90X videos (usually just part, because I'm a homeschooling mom of 5 kids - hour long workouts are hard to come by).

So why is it that when I browsed through a JCPenny ad from the paper, 
the Plus Size model was significantly skinnier than me?????

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. 

Where are the real women in the ads?  

Grant and me - Sept. 29, 2012

Photos by our friend....Kristina Johnson

4 comments:

  1. Well I would say you look fine!
    And as for models in ads...they all suck! :) Actually the average sized woman is a 12-14, and there is nothing wrong with that. I guess society just has gotten used to or calloused to skin and bones being beautiful and not the true nature of what beauty really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)
    And I agree - although super skinny women "can" be beautiful, there are many other body types that are beautiful as well.
    Not to mention that physical appearance is far from the only factor in a person's beauty anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. how do you think the "fat" girls feel. I just want the model to demonstrate how clothes might look on me... as a model should. *right* BUT, alas it rarely happens. (((sigh))) and you are beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know exactly what you mean - I don't want to see how clothes look on an anorexic teenager - because they'll definitely look quite different on me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...