Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gordon Cake


When Corban turned 4, he wanted another train cake, this time the engine Gordon (the biggest and strongest engine in the Thomas series).  Well, at this point I had a new 4 year old, an almost 2 year old, and a 6 week old.  I just wasn't up to making a BIGGER version of this cake

So I went simpler, much simpler.

I just baked two 13 x 9" cakes, put them side by side on the board, and frosted with white buttercream.  I added a blue sky with white fluffy clouds, a bunch of colored sprinkles and icing flowers and bushes, and a track made from melted chocolate, laid on top of graham cracker crumbs.  I also made the fence from melted chocolate, just piped onto wax paper and frozen until solid.  I stuck his actual Gordon engine on top for the finishing touch. 

It didn't take long, it was cute enough to make a four-year old happy, and that was all that mattered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...