Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out of the Mouths.....

Here are a few snippets of funny/sweet things heard from our children during the past couple of weeks.
---------------------------------------------------------------
We were at my sister's home, where Corban is always fully occupied with playing with his cousin Katie, also 5. About five minutes after dinner one evening, Corban came running in urgently to tell me something.
"Mom," he spoke with a little embarrassment, "I was having so much fun I just threw up."
"I beg your pardon? You WHAT?" I giggled.
He went on to explain that he had thrown up a little in the potty after their vigorous running and dancing around but was feeling just fine. Apparently, that old saying that you shouldn't exercise right after eating rings true after all. You might just have so much fun you throw up!

--------------------------------------------------------------
While we were driving one night, Grant made some little ornery comment to tease me and I gave him a playful smack on the upper arm.
Marissa instantly (and quite firmly) stated, "Mommy, you should NOT be mean to your husband!"
--------------------------------------------------------------
On Christmas Eve, I asked reminded the kids that the next day was Christmas and questioned if they knew what that meant. I was expecting the response that they would finally get to open presents, since especially Corban had been anxiously anticipating that activity for awhile. But instead Corban responded with just this: "Yes, Mom.....we get to celebrate Jesus' birthday". Not a single mention of gifts. Grant and I were very touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...