Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Seven years ago, Grant and I pledged our love and commitment to each other in front of friends and family in a lovely military chapel in Tennessee. (Trivia: Fort Campbell is considered Kentucky, although it straddles the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. Both our wedding and our son's birth occurred at Fort Campbell, KY on the Tennessee side. Ha!) We had known each other for only 6 months and had been engaged for 11 weeks. Ours was a whirlwind romance to be sure. We had no idea what was in store for us. We were anticipating Grant joining the FBI in a couple of years, or maybe staying in the Army and trying for a Europe tour.

September 11 changed our lives dramatically. Two deployments later, we decided the Army life was too stressful for us and our marriage and Grant got out. Corban was born just a month after he got home and our lives just got crazier and crazier, with job hunting and traveling the country for holidays and moving to Virginia where we knew no-one and trying to settle into civilian life.

But God's grace prevailed through our deepest struggles and here we are, seven years into our marriage, with three beautiful children, a gorgeous home we built, a close circle of wonderful Christian friends, and a deeper love for one another than we even thought possible on July 8, 2001.

Happy Anniversary, my Beloved. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us next!

8 comments:

  1. Wait.. you have a son named Corban AND you live in Virginia?! So do we! :-)

    Happy Anniversary, btw! Ours is the 14th of July. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry.. I had to leave ONE more comment... my husband and I met in January of 1984 and were married in July of 1984!! So yeah, we know all about whirlwinds! But let me tell you, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm more in love with him 24 years later than I was on the day we said "I do." We got married and whisked away into our military life. I'm thankful those days are behind us and we're in a new season.. with "round two" in the kiddo department! :-)

    I had no idea we had so much in common when I popped over here to tell you about pretzel sandwiches! LOL! Okay, I'll stop bugging you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! :)

    We had a bit of a whirlwind romance, too. :) We got engaged 4 months after we met, and married a year later.

    Blessings,
    Michele
    www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, everybody! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello....please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!! Thanks so much for joining us for Gratituesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary and congratulations!

    My husband and I were engaged within two months and got married two months later! We've been happily married for 22 years by the grace of God, and we have been blessed with three beautiful daughters. God is so good!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...