Monday, February 4, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip




We actually did watch the Superbowl last night.

See, Grant is a Niner's fan....in theory.  Being that he's from San Jose, CA, which is just miles away from San Francisco, he grew up being loyal to the local team.....and although he hasn't watched a game of theirs in probably 20 years, when we found out they were in the Superbowl, we had to watch.

Completely over-hyped, in my personal opinion.....all the hoop-la over football.  That was a solid 4 hours and 15 minutes of my life.....and if it wasn't for the food and good company, I would consider it a complete waste of time.  (Plus, we had to miss Downton Abbey - which I recorded, but we haven't seen it yet.)
Even the commercials were disappointing for the most part, and don't even get me started on the half-time show.  Ugh.  Be a lady and use your amazing voice for something good, whydoncha?  And put on some clothes while you're at it.  Okay.  Soapbox over.

But good food and good company there was.....and this was my favorite dish of the night.

Chunks of peanut butter cups swirled in a creamy peanut butter flavored cream cheese and brown sugar dip.......perfect on graham crackers or pretzels....although I preferred the graham crackers.  So. so. so. scrumptious.  Like, dangerous to have in the house because I might just sit down and eat the whole bowl, scrumptious.

Fortunately for me, my family agreed with me on its deliciousness and I have lots of competition to get my fair share of the stuff.  I mean, I had the tiny bit of leftovers out for like three seconds and suddenly two of my kids appeared out of the wood-works and were snatching bites as fast as they could.

Yup.  New favorite.  And I won't wait till we watch another football game to make more.


Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip (from Shugary Sweets)

1/2 cup butter (I used salted)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped Reese's cups (or an 8 oz package Reese's peanut butter cup Minis)

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar.  Whisk until completely combined and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.  Whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.  Set aside to cool to room temperature.

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until creamy.  On low, add in cooled brown sugar mixture.  Mix until combined.  Fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped Reese's cups.  Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy with animal crackers, graham crackers, or pretzels.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious!! :) Will have to try it!
    Hope you all are doing well. Still no baby yet...today's the duedate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...