Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chicken Salad

I love all kinds of chicken salad - this one was just a mixture of a few ideas from other recipes and based on what I had on hand. It was delicious tucked inside crescent rolls and baked for 11-13 minutes @ 375°, but I didn't get a photo of that.....so when I ate leftovers as a sandwich the next day, I snapped a few. It's delicious cold too.

Recipe:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper, or other herb seasoning
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
1 green onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup sour cream (reduced fat is fine)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat is fine)

Preheat oven to 350°. Season chicken breasts as desired (I used Garlic and Wine seasoning from the Melting Pot Restaurant - it's wonderful!) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool and cut into small chunks. Add all other ingredients and combine well. Add additional salt and/or pepper if needed. Chill until serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...