Saturday, July 24, 2010

Loaded Baked Potato Salad


Okay, so this is called Loaded Baked Potato Salad, but I didn't actually bake the potatoes. You CAN, of course, but I didn't have the time. I think the whole point is for the end result to taste similar to a loaded baked potato. I thought it really did...even with the boiled potatoes!

I made this for our Independence Day barbecue and absolutely loved it. Grant even enjoyed it, and he normally won't eat potato salad, or anything with mayo in it, for that matter. All of our guests thought it was delicious as well. I did make a few minor adjustments to how this is written, as my potatoes were small and I used a bunch of them, so I just increased the amount of mayo a bit (I ran out of sour cream) to get the proper consistency and I ended up using a whole pound of regular (not thick-cut) bacon. Adjust things as you see fit. Enjoy!

Recipe: (adapted from evil shenanigans)

4 large russet potatoes
1/2 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
1/2 cup sour cream (again, light is fine)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped chives, divided
8 strips bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
salt and pepper

Peel and cube the potatoes. Cook in salted water until fork-tender. Drain and cool.

Whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add 3/4 of the chives, salt, and pepper. Fold in cheese and bacon. Chill for 30 minutes (if you have the time....I didn't, and it worked out just fine).
Fold the cooked potatoes into the dressing and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining chives and bacon, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...