Thursday, May 27, 2010

Creamsicle Cookies

Thanks to Christy at The Girl Who Ate Everything for this yummy treat!
I normally don't pick white chocolate treats, but these are really delicious and that orange flavor comes through in just the right amount. I bet they'd be wonderful with lemon zest also. My family couldn't get enough of them!

Recipe:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chips.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.




2 comments:

  1. My whole family and friends liked them. They were easy to make,I will be making them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...