Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flower Birthday Cakes

Marissa will be turning 4 in October and I'm starting to try to plan her birthday party (along with Corban's, who turns 6 a week before her birthday). Fall is a busy birthday season for us!

I've been asking Marissa what kind of cake she would like, and she insists that she wants another flower. She's had a flower cake for all of her birthdays so far....each a bit different, but all flowers. This one she says should be blue with a green stem. We'll see if she changes her mind in the next few weeks....but I thought in the meantime, I'd take a look at her past cakes to remind myself of how similar/different they were.

First Birthday - October 2006
Second Birthday - October 2007

Third Birthday - October 2008

Each of them was just a cake mix baked in a 10-inch springform pan which I frosted with buttercream and drew the outline of the flower I wanted on top with a toothpick before piping
on the flowers with the star tip. Easy breezy.
Hopefully this year's won't be much harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...