Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sausage Con Queso

This is one of the most simultaneously easy and popular things I've made. It's especially a favorite of men, I've noticed, but that's probably because they're less likely to be concerned about their weight or looking like a pig. :) It's a great go-to dish for parties or large get-togethers.

Recipe:

1 lb. sausage (I use turkey sausage)
1 lb. Velveeta
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles), undrained (I use the generic) OR 1 - 1.5 cups salsa

In a large skillet, brown sausage until no pink remains. Drain. Cut the Velveeta into chunks and add to the sausage, along with the Rotel. Stir over low to medium heat until cheese is melted.
Serve warm with lots of tortilla chips!

Note: After making a double batch of this for our small group, we had quite a bit left over. The next day, I boiled a 13.5 oz package of whole wheat macaroni and added it into the (heated) leftover dip until I had the right consistency - I had a couple of cups of macaroni left over. It made a delicious dinner and kept me from snacking on the dip with chips all week!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...