Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'll be honest....I've never met a chocolate chip cookie I didn't like. But there are definitely degrees of appreciation.....and this recipe scores the highest marks. Seriously, I really think they might be my favorite ones ever. I know.....that's an extreme remark to make.....but I'm sticking to it.....at least for now. (The little graduation cap was in honor of Corban's kindergarten graduation, for the record. Totally not required for a delicious cookie.) They're soft, moist, not too cakey, not too crunchy, just a delightful texture and flavor.

Recipe:

2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
2.5 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2.5 cups flour
1 (3.3 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used part semi-sweet, part milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla until well blended. Add in eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Add slowly to creamed mixture, stirring only until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. I only baked for 8 minutes. Turned out perfect.


3 comments:

  1. I made these cookies on Sunday evening. I used instant pudding (even though the recipe didn't call for it ---- it's what I had on hand). They turned out very good. Dad took over a dozen up to Brother Norm who ate one right away and gave it a 10! He had told Dad that he really likes chocolate chip cookies and milk and hadn't had homemade cookies recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mom! I'm a bit confused...the recipe does call for instant pudding.....anyways, I'm glad you guys enjoyed them, especially Brother Norm. It's nice to be able to add some brightness to his day, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Rebekah,
    Maybe your recipe does call for instant vanilla pudding. But, read what you posted on this blog. It just calls for vanilla pudding. I was just a little worried about how they would turn out because I didn't have regular pudding.

    Yep, I believe the cookies were a real blessing to Bro. Norm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...