Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Miniature Peanut Butter Treats


I think I've found a new favorite cookie. My grandma used to make ones similar to these around Christmas and everyone loved them....but I never got her recipe. I made them this week as part of a dinner for a friend who just had a baby, and I'm definitely keeping some at home!

Recipe
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat, 3/4 white)
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
about 42 miniature peanut butter-chocolate cups

Combine butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Cover dough and chill.
When cold enough to handle easily, roll into small (walnut-sized) balls; place each ball in greased miniature muffin tin. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes.
Remove from oven; gently press one peanut butter cup into each cookie to make depression. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on rack. Store in a cool place.

I used generic peanut butter cups for this...which taste great but seem to be a little more "melty" than the Reeses brand....so I have to store these cookies in the fridge. If left at room temperature, they become extremely messy to eat. But oh so good anyways. The kids adore them....and I do too. I know they'll freeze beautifully, if you can make yourself save some.

Go check out LifeAsMom for more Christmas cookie recipes and a contest!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...