Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Easy Cornbread



This is another recipe I modified to make it healthier, originally from Allrecipes.com. Have you noticed I love that website? This is great stuff.

Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
4 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the milk, eggs, and oil and beat for 1 minute.
Pour into a greased 9" square pan and bake for 18-25 minutes, until bread is golden brown and tests done. If you cook too long, it will get dry, so start checking at the earliest time.


Delicious plain, but preferred with butter and honey around here. It's actually kind of a dessert. Or a tasty afternoon snack. Ummmm.


And just so you know what life is really like around here, this is what I saw as I was trying to take photos of my cornbread.



Yes, my son is walking around with one leg in each of his pillow cases.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe. I was actually looking for a tasty cornbread recipe just this week, so your timing is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LouAnne,
    You're so very welcome! I hope your family enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...