Monday, December 30, 2013

Best Desserts of 2013

I'm joining up with SnoWhite today in her Countdown to 2013 - Best Desserts.  

As you probably already know, desserts are my favorite food category.  Both to make and to eat. And I've made some really terrific ones this year.

So here we go, in no particular order:


Surprisingly easy and fast to throw together, yet so elegant and scrumptious, especially with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.  


My birthday cake - simply fantastic.  I might just have to have a repeat next year. 


The ones Grant declared his FAVORITE brownies ever.  


Fudge pie, peanut butter nougat, caramel, peanuts, chocolate drizzle, and chopped snickers. 
My 6 year old still talks about this pie (that I made in March) and begs me to make it again.  It was truly fabulous.  



Because you can never go wrong with brownies stuffed with caramel, chocolate chips, and pecans.  Yum!


With strawberries in the cake and the frosting, and nary a drop of food coloring in sight, it's a perfectly delightful spring or summer cake.  And I have to add that the cream cheese frosting tastes almost like rich strawberry ice cream. It's amazing. 


Quite possibly the best chocolate cookie I've ever had.  


Chocolate crust, chocolate cheesecake, and a cookie dough topping.  All in a little bite-sized piece. 
Perfect. 


It's like having a chocolate truffle, in a slice.  Rich and completely decadent.  And worth every calorie. 


If you've never tried pineapple pie, you just have to do it.  It's awesome.  One of my dad's very favorites. 


Think Hello-Dolly Bars mixed with Toffee and S'mores.  Yeah.  Utterly delicious.   

3 comments:

  1. Yumm! These all look so fantastic! Might have to try one or 5. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elisa! I hope you love whatever you try! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you shared these!! As always, your desserts make my mouth water. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...