Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pistachio Fluff Fruit Salad


This delightful fruity fluffy dessert/salad stuff certainly defies most of my nutritional requirements for something healthy to feed my family, but it is so delicious and addictive, I can't resist making it once in awhile.  I've made it for MOPS gatherings several times and it is always a hit, and it was quickly devoured at the church potluck I made it for recently.

One of the things I like about it is its versatility.  You can substitute fruit cocktail and/or chunks of pineapple for some of the oranges, add sliced bananas or diced apples if you wish, stir in nuts or coconut if you want.....or not.  I like it with lots of mandarin oranges, but that's just me.  My girls especially love it too.


Recipe: (from Allrecipes)

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (3 oz) pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix
1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cups miniature marshmallows
3 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 c. flaked coconut
chopped pecans, optional

In a large bowl, stir together crushed pineapple and pudding mix until well mixed.  Fold in whipped topping.  Add marshmallows, oranges, and coconut if desired.  Stir well.  Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Top with chopped nuts before serving if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...