Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I got this recipe from my Taste of Home Cookies cookbook....love that book! These are absolutely delicious....I thought so, anyways. Grant isn't a fan of nuts in cookies, so he requested that I make them with smooth peanut butter next time....but I think the chunky peanut butter adds a lot of great texture. Either way, the flavor of these cookies is just wonderful!

Note: Be sure to check your oven for any spills....from say, a cheesecake that leaked yesterday....before preheating it and baking your cookies....or you may end up with a small oven fire like I did. I'm just sayin'.

Recipe:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chunky peanut butter
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat)
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-5 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...