Monday, February 27, 2012

Crock-pot Fiesta Chicken


Every now and then a recipe comes along that you just know you're going to love.
Once you smell it cooking, you're even more convinced.
And once you taste it, you're sold forever.

This is one of those recipes for me.
I love the short ingredient list.
I love the simplicity and quickness of throwing it all together and letting it cook on its own all day.
I love that it's healthy.
Best of all, I love that all of my family ate it for two dinners with no complaints.

And how could they not?
It's so delicious!
We just ate it a few days ago and I'm already looking forward to making it again.

Recipe: from The Girl Who Ate Everything

1-1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups frozen corn (or use a 15 oz. can of corn, drained)
1 (16 oz) jar of your favorite salsa (I used Great Value Mild)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, reduced fat is fine
Cooked rice, for serving

Place chicken breasts in the crock-pot.
Add beans, corn, and salsa.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the chicken is cooked.  Times may vary depending on how hot your crock-pot gets.
Once the chicken will shred easily, remove it and shred completely.  Return to crock-pot.
Cut up cream cheese and place over the top of the chicken.  Let it sit for about half an hour.  It may look strange, don't worry!  Stir in the cream cheese until it is well combined.
Serve over cooked rice or in tortillas.


Linked to Trick or Treat Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a plate of all the foods I love! Thanks for sharing! Found you at Trick or Treat Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this chicken with tortillas too!!! So easy and so yummy. Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was terrific! I loved that I could put the frozen chicken in and walk away- it cooked up just great! Thank you for teaching me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the recipe I chose for Secret Recipe club. I loved it!! http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/2013/01/crock-pot-chicken-fiesta-chicken-secret.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...