Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fudgy Mint Cookies


These have to be some of the easiest cookies I've ever made. 
And some of the tastiest.  
Okay, so they do use a cake mix, which I generally try to avoid.....
but for these delicious morsels, I'm willing to make an exception.  
Chewy, fudgy, chocolaty, with little chunks of minty goodness in every bite, 
they're a huge hit wherever I take them.  

Recipe:  (adapted slightly from Taste of Home)

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 T. water
2 eggs
1/2 package of Andes Mint Baking Chips
4 T. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter, and water until well combined.  Beat in eggs.  Stir in Andes baking chips.  Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. 

Yield: about 3 dozen


1 comment:

  1. I had these cookies last night(made by your mom!). I could not get over how great they were. I'm planning on making some for our next family event.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jamie W

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...